Thursday, April 02, 2009

April 1: $5,000 Govt Stimulus Package

While on my way to work yesterday, I heard in the radio that the government is giving away $5000 to people earning above $50K a year. This is part of the government's stimulus (to stimulate spending).

Aba, sobra akong na-excite. I was already spending the money in my mind. Io-overhaul ko yung living room namin plus I'll replace one of our beds. Bibili din ako ng bagong shoes and racket for badminton. Pagdating ko sa opis, tatawagan ko agad si Henry to share the good news. Ii-spread ko din yon amongst my workmates.

Kaso bago ako nakababa ng bus, it was revealed that that was an April Fools thing. What??? Hindi yon totoo??? I cant believe I fell for it. We've been busy the past few weeks trying to apply the real April 1 tax changes into our system. And that one was definitely not included. Ewan ko ba bakit ako naniwala. Oh well, at least it gave me a few minutes of shopping. kahit na sa panaginip lang.

2 comments:

cindy said...

pwede ba yun gamitin pang April Fools Day? naniwala din siguro ako kung nadinig ko yun.... sayang ano?

jinkee said...

Hay naku Cindy, sobrang believable yung radio ads. Tapos may ilang caller pa na nagsabi na meron ngang $5K sa bank accounts nila. Eh di syempre wishful thinking din ako. he he he