Monday, May 25, 2009

Honorary nurse

On Thursday, I took Ate Chris (a.k.a. Ate X) to her orientation @ UNITEC Henderson. Hindi lang ako basta chaperon, I was actually in the classroom with her and 40 other nurses. I tried to be as quiet as possible para di mapansin nung nurse educator.

When Ate X and I were in college, lagi akong sabit sa kanya. Ilang beses din akong sumama sa kanya when she did her night duty @ UDMC (ayokong maiwan sa boarding house). Naka-nurse uniform din ako para makalusot sa security.

One time there was a coup d’état in Manila and she volunteered for Red Cross. Exciting yon so I volunteered as well. Nag-Red Cross shirt din ako.

Nasubukan ko na din magbakuna. Ate X gave Hepa B vaccine on me and Queenie (our youngest sister), and I did hers. After one minute of instructions and an hour of composing myself, I somehow did it. Tumalab naman.

It takes a lot of stamina and compassion to become a nurse. Ate has those traits, with or without her cap and scrub suit on. As for me, since kulang ako non, pwede na akong honorary nurse.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi...the reason I'm writing is to ask if you have any idea panu mag teach jan sa New Zealand? I'm preparing my documents for NZQA na, I followed the steps listed sa site nila. SPED teacher ako, currently teaching in my field. ANy idea please? Daoat ba online lang mag apply sa NZQA?