Saturday, March 17, 2012

How do you forget

Shannen did something silly @ church week. Nothing serious, let's just say it was being a curious kid. Anyway, I was standing behind her so the situation was quickly rectified. I talked to her about it. Hindi ako nagalit but I did a lot of explaining. She realized straight away that there is no way that should happen again.

That night, when I put her to bed. She asked me "Mom, how do you forget something?". I knew she was referring to the incident that morning. Poor child, burdened with guilt that whole time. I had to be careful with my reply as I dont want her to keep worrying. So I told her that what has been done is done. Focus on the lesson learned and do better next time. I hope I said did the right things. I'm sure the questions will be trickier as she grows. I hope I ready them.

No comments: