Friday, August 10, 2012

Habagat

Some years ago, I learned that a friend built a beautiful modern house. What caught my attention was the 'special' accessory of the new abode - a boat! Binabaha kasi lagi yung area nila :)


I grew up in Bulacan where our experience of flood is minimal and sometimes enjoyable (masarap magtampisaw). When I moved to Malabon, it was a totally different experience. Well it’s not really bad where we stayed but when torrential rain and high tide join forces, it becomes messy. I endured that for almost 10yrs and had become a fact of life. You have to live it or leave it.

This week Manila is regularly shown on news programmes for the massive flooding that devastated the city. I’m glad our families back home esp. Mommy Chit and Daddy Eddie in Malabon are alright. Water has entered the house (about 4inches deep) but they are safe.
Today rain has ceased. Hopefully the mighty sun will not let rain reign again (at least for now). 


Habagat means southwest monsoon

No comments: