Saturday, July 31, 2010

I love Daddy

4th April 1999, I got my Dad a coffee mug with a cute print "I love Daddy". It instantly became his favourite. He wouldn't use any other cup for his beverages (not just for his caffeine dose). Four months later, that mug was on top of him with a glass separating them.

31 July 1999, the day our dear dad left us. Up to this day, I remember how devastating it was. Time healed the pain but the memory is still vivid.

One of the mass cards we got inscribed a beautiful poem. I read the first four lines then stopped. It was so touching but my heart wasn't ready for it . 11 years later, it's only now that I have the courage to finish the rest of it.

I’m Free

Don’t grieve for me, for I’m now free.
I’m following the path God laid for me.
I took God’s hand when I heard the call;
I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way,
I found that place at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss.
Ah yes, these things, I too, will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you the same sunshine of tomorrow.
My life’s been full, I savoured much,
Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief;
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me –
God wanted me now, God set me free.

miss you dad...

3 comments:

Online Penny Auctions said...

Nice Post!
I am glad to found such interesting post in which you nice information. I really enjoyed to read your post.

PaNthEra TiGriS said...

i miss my dad too..

Anonymous said...

I miss my dad...I love him so much...