Thursday, September 16, 2010

God Defend New Zealand

After 4 good years in Aotearoa, we were granted the privilege to become NZ citizens. yipee!!!

Henry and I sang the national anthem God Defend New Zealand for the first time during the citizenship ceremony. It was a beautiful song (but I still have to research the translation of the maori part). It makes you feel proud and elated to be a New Zealander.

Soon, well have silver fern passports. This also means loosing our Philippine citizenship (which we can regain later when we apply for dual citizenship). So am I now a kiwi? Naku, di ata bagay sa akin yon. I vow to be a good citizen of New Zealand but inside me I am still Filipino. .. 100% Pinoy.... and 1% kiwi. that's sweet as…

8 comments:

madbong said...

'O' for awesome!! hehe

Anonymous said...

hi Jinkee, ask ko lng when nyo na kuha ung PR nyo kasi plan na rin naming mag apply ng citizenship..thanks, Ry

Ratri Anugrah said...

Whoa! That's awesome ;)

Wena MIra said...

Good for you. I pray for your AWESOME SUCCESS!

Wato said...

happy bday!

jinkee said...

long time no hear but that for the greeting :)

Madison said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Madison
maddie0147@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms. Jinkee,

I am so inspired of your blogs. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I just joined the pinoys2nz yahoogroups to seek further help on migrating to NZ. I'm also doing IT jobs here in Makati. Here is my personal add, mypards@yahoo.com. Please pm for as I have some questions that I know you can help me. Thanks in advance and Congratulations! Gob bless...