Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Happy birthday Lola



Lola Cristina is my maternal grandmother. She’s very special to me because she and my Lolo Ponso took care of me when I was 2 to 4 yrs old. Today is her birthday.

After 96 years (kaya nyo yon?), 7 children, 21 grandchildren and 28 greatgrandchildren, I must say that she’s still a “strong� and independent woman. If not for a bad leg which she got from an accident a few years ago, her physical and mental health are perfect.

Recently, she’s been weakened by pains in her lower body. According to the doctor, it’s osteoarthritis. This makes my mom really crazy. She’s on rollercoaster of emotions lately because of my lola’s condition. In the past weeks, my mom has already made several trips to Agno, Pangasinan. I know in her heart that she doesn’t want to leave lola’s side but she also has a business to run in Bulacan.

Happy birthday, Lola. I wish you more healthy years.

4 comments:

Flex J! said...

Makikibati rin kay Lola!!

Happy Birthday po!!

God Bless....

yra said...

Happy bday sa Lola mo Jinkee! Naalala ko rin na ang great great grandma ko will turn 90 yrs old naman next month. Hay buti pa sila umaabot ng ganyan. Tayo kaya?

jinkee said...

Hi Jun and Ary,
Salamat sa greeting nyo para sa dear Lola ko. Sabi ng kapatid kong si Queenie, nasobrahan daw sa handang pansit si Lola kaya ang haba ng buhay:)

Ary, I-greet mo na rin ako sa lola mo.

Anonymous said...

hi jink,paki bati na rin ako kay lola cris..syangapala b-day din ni rick yesterday..