Wednesday, September 28, 2005

101 Things about me

1- I was born in Manila.
2- I was baptized Jennifer Hankins
3- My father is bisaya with american ancestry; Mom is an Ilokana (from Pangasinan)
4- I am 2nd in the family
5- My zodiac sign is Gemini
6- Born in the year of the Pig (kaya pala medyo chubby ako)
7- Both my parents are teachers (although my dad changed career later on)
8- My maternal grandparents took care of me when I was 2 to 4y/o
9- From Proj. 8, we moved to Bulacan in 1975
10- I was 6y/o when I entered first grade
11- I went to 4 different elementary schools (Isabello, St. James, Barasoin and St. Martin)
12- My younger sister studied piano and banduria but it was I who ended up learning the instruments
13- When I was 7 and my sister was 9, my parents would allow us watch movies in Paramount Theater (just the 2 of us)
14- I was best in Rondalla in grade school.
15- My aunt sent me an aerobics book+tape when I was 8y/o (ang taba ko daw kasi)
16- I was Most Obedient in Girl Scout
17- There were only 32 of us in my 6th grade class
18- I speak a little Ilokano
19- My father thought I wanted to be a nun (he was so wrong)
20- I had rheumatic fever/heart disease when I was 13y/o
21- I enjoy playing Scrabble esp. with my dad.
22- I never experienced spanking from my parents
23- I am not comfortable speaking in public
24- I easily get dizzy in moving vehicles
25- I was angry when Ninoy Aquino was killed
26- I was an 'extra' in the movie Deadly Roses (a movie I never saw)
27- I was a CAT officer
28- In 1984, I had first degree burn on my face courtesy of our pressure cooker
29- In high school, I graduated with honors (20 ata kami noon)
30- I dreamt of being a journalist (di naman masamang mangarap)
31- I had appendectomy in 1986
32- I thought I was good in numbers so I took up engineering (I proved myself wrong later on)
33- My first calculator in college is so cute but not scientific (that's why I failed my first quiz in Trigo)
34- I took up Industrial Engineering in college
35- My student number in MIT is 87117318
36- My very first subject in college is Chemistry
37- I hate chemistry; Chemistry hates me
38- My first dormmate is Eleanor Fejer
39- I joined a collegiate service sorority in 1988 (nasa puso ko pa rin yon 'til now)
40- I got 'bokya' in a quiz bec. my then new calculator is solar-powered. Uso noon ang brownout and my classes were usually in the evening
41- I finished college in Nov. 1991
42- My best friend is Glenda Saludes-Cruz of Mariveles
43- The first time I voted was in 1992
44- My first job was selling (sales engineer for a roofing company)
45- I photocopied my very first salary
46- I lasted only 2 days on my second job.
47- My 3rd job was as an Industrial Engineer in shoe manufacturing company (1992)
48- I had an operation in my ureter in 1992 (stone removal)
49- I worked for Bankard, Inc. for 10 months (1995)
50- I met my husband at Salem Beds where we both worked (sya 5years, ako 3 months)
51- I never had my own birthday party :-(
52- I learn to drive in 1996
53- I once lost my entire bag to a theft in a mall (muntik na akong maglakad pauwi ng bulacan)
54- I got married in 1997
55- I had 2 miscarriages
56- I was devastated when my dad died in 1999
57- I first gave birth in 1999
58- I named my son Vince Mitchell. Vince bec. my dad's second name is Vincent, and I like Mitch of Bay Watch (corny..)
59- My OB Gyne is a good friend from high school
60- I got an educational plan (CAP) for Vince when he was 8 months
61- I switched career from industrial engg to IT in 1996
62- My first IT job was as an MIS Assistant
63- I am good in systems analysis and application testing
64- I studied programming but didn't have the time and patience to practice it
66- I am not into sports (my body is not designed for it)
67- I am scared of dogs, snakes and heights
68- We started our plans to migrate in 2002
69- Australia was our first destination
70- 2003, we appreciated New Zealand
71- We got invited to apply for Work-to-Residence visa on June 27 2005
72- I like Kris Aquino
73- I am not afraid of moomoo
74- The first and only time I had Big Mac was in July 2005
75- My favorite perfume is Beautiful
76- I am not into Nokia phones
77- My phone right now is Samsung E330
78- I collect wonderful quotes
79- I gave birth to my second child in 2004
80- I don't like raisins and pineapples cooked
81- My right thyroid gland was removed in 2002
82- I only had professional manicure/pedicure once (for my wedding)
83- My shoe size used to be 7.0, now it's 7.5 (minsan 8 pa)
84- Waistline - secret!
85- Weight and height - secret pa rin!
86- I have freckles all over my face
87- I completed all payments to CAP despite news that they are 'bankrupt'
88- I don't' drink nor smoke
89- I don't have a night life
90- I don't have a social life (sabi ko na sa inyo boring ako)
91- I am 'matalinaw" (20/20 vision)
92- I have not seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies (dehins ko sya type)
93- I was able to read only one Harry Potter Book, yung #2
94- I have 18 inaanaks
95- My dream vacation is BORACAY
96- My pc at home is so jurasic, a Pentium 1 233mHz
97- After office, I am a full time mom (no computer, no cellphone)
98- One thing that I would like to learn is how to get mad.
99- I love watching CSI (Las Vegas), The Oprah Winfrey Show and Justice League
100- When I was just learning to drive, naka-disgrasya ako ng tao
101- Wala akong favorite color.


* - I got the inspiration from Teacher Sol

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello jinkee, pareho pala tayo ng favorite shows. They also run those shows here in nz kaya tuloy ang ligaya.

jinkee said...

Hmmmm... same pala taste natin. Balita ko nga marami ding napapanood dyan, sa cable nga lang. Buti naman at meron din dyang Cartoon Network.

Bluegreen said...

di ka naman chubby eh.tama lang

Anonymous said...

wala kaming cable....mahal eh. 4 lang channel (A,1,2,3) pero ok naman may spongebob,franklin,simpson,rugrats,etc daily for kids & svu,ncis,cis,24,the apprentice,survivor,fear factor once a week. oppps may new zealand idol din pala.

jinkee said...

Malou,
Dun na rin ako free channel. Galit ako sa may bayad =D

Anonymous said...

Kumusta na Sis? Andyan ka na pala!
Merry Christmas and Happy New year..

Regards,
ELwyn

jinkee said...

@ Mr. Goling :)

kumusta na, bro? Nasa KSA ka pa din ba? Merry Christmas din sa inyo ng family mo. Belated happy anniv na din :)

Anonymous said...

ok lang naman ako sis.
andito na ako sa DUBAI, U.A.E. since Feb. 2004.
belated happy aniversary din!
Kumusta buhay dyan?
Can I get your email add? elwyn.goling@xerox.ae ... if you dont mine!! thanks.

in LFS,

jinkee said...

@ 'tol,

Ok naman ang buhay dito. Very relaxed at maganda ang environment. Nakakapanibago. he he he. Kiwis value their personal time. Talagang namamasyal sila pag bakasyon. Kaya kami panay din ang pasyal. It's really very good for raising kids

here's my email add - jinkeesay@gmail.com. I tried to send you an email pero bumalik sa akin