Monday, September 12, 2005

Helping others

I'm sharing with you our oppurtunity to help others sometime ago. I don't intend to brag about this, just hoping that it becomes an inspiration to others.

January 2004, we rushed our son to the ER of Phil Children's Medical Center. Matindi kasi ang ubo and asthma noon ni Vince. Di pa naman daw yon pnuemonia sabi nung doctor. He just changed his prescription. Aba, masigla na yung anak ko after the consulation. Nung nasa pharmacy na kami nagulat ako na super mura yung mga gamot doon.

Palabas na kami ng hospital nung may narinig kaming sumisigaw na lalaki. May isang tatay na nagwawala na may karga-kargang baby na mukhang dehydrated na. "Mahirap na nga kami, inaapi nyo pa", yun ang dialogue nya habang umaagos ang luha sa mata nya. Sabi nung guard, di daw nya pwedeng pauwiin yung bata kasi di pa nagse-settle ng P350 bill. Naawa kami doon sa bata. Since may natira pa dun sa baon namin, inabutan ko na lang ng pambayad yung nanay nung bata.

Yung ginawa naming pagtulong ay isang paraan ng pasasalamat sa Diyos na di nya pinabayaan ang anak namin. Sa akin kasi, it's good that you thank God for all the blessings you receive, but if you have the chance to help others, so much better. Sabi nga, "whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me".

Have a nice day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I frequently read your posts but I always refrain from commenting. Though at this one I cant help but post that....I truly admire your kind gesture...keep it going...

jinkee said...

Thanks you for reading my posts. I make it an effort to be positive about what I write.

Dalaw-dalaw ka lang dito :-)

Flex J! said...

I am really bless!, everytime I'm hearing people helping other people out of love...without expecting anything at all....

Keep on keeping on....

Ka Uro said...

what you did, babalik sa inyo 10 fold. nice to know people like you and henry.