Friday, January 20, 2006

Remembering Phone #s




An average person can memorize about 50 phone numbers. This was 8 years ago when you really need to memorize the contact numbers. Now, we have phonebooks in our pc and cellphone wherein we transfer part of our memory capacity.

When I changed my mobilephone number a few months back, it took me more than a month to stick that number into my head. Sariling phone number ko na yon ha. Kasi naman, ang hahaba ng numbers ngayon. Before, all Globe cp#s start with '0917' ('0919' ata ang sa Smart) so all you need to remember is the 7-digit subscriber's number. Ngayon, you wouldn't recognize kung Smart, Globe or Sun ang isang number. Life is getting complicated.

2 comments:

Jesse Liwag said...

Hi Jinkee,

50 phone numbers?! I guess I'm way below average. I can only think of seven right now. Maybe I can remember five more, max.

Maybe I can include the hotlines of Jollibee and McDo. ;-)

Ka Uro said...

tama ka diyan jinkee. nung nagbakasyon ako kailangan ko pang imemorize ang mga lahat ng smart numbers 0919, 0920, etc. daming dapat tandaan. kaya nga ayokong mag-doktor nung nag-aaral ako. hate ko ang memorization. kodigo na lang.