Tuesday, July 19, 2005

8th wedding anniversary

Henry and I celebrated our 8th anniversary last week (July 12). No fancy dinner or expensive gifts. We just greeted each other in the morning. On his way home from work, he bought a cake for the family to share. Isang beses pa lang kaming nag-‘celebrate’ ng anniversary namin, that was on our first yr (1998). We watched Godzilla at Megamall (ang romantic di ba?) then dined at Sangkalan in QC. Ang tagal na pala non.

1995 was the year when I met Henry. We were officemates in a manufacturing company in Valenzuela. Akala nya di ko alam na itinanong nya sa HR on my first days if I am single. Oh di ba nabighani agad sa akin. I didn’t stay long with the company (mga 3 months lang siguro) but Henry and I remained together from then on.

Way before I got married, I heard in wedding that one of the keys to a lasting relationship is to respect your partner. That statement stuck in my mind. I don’t always agree with my husband's ideas but don’t nag with him about it. If I don’t approve his act, I tell it to him in a manner na di nagse-sermon. In the things I do, I always consider his feelings. Will it offend him in anyway? If yes, then I won’t do it. If I truly believe in the purpose of something, then I will seek his approval. Kung tingin ko eh di talaga sya papayag, di ko na lang sasabihin. he he he

Our marriage is a work-in-progress. Marami pang problemang haharapin. Marami pang pagsubok na dadanasin. Alam kong kakayanin naming lahat yon because we want to make it work. It’s not ‘you and me’ anymore, it’s now ‘you and me and the kids’. Lagi dapat kasama sa eksena yung 2 bulinggit. They may be too small to understand some things at this point but nevertheless, they should be considered in all decisions of the family. We're 8 yrs now and still growing.

4 comments:

Flex J! said...

Jinkee,
Hapi Anniversary!!! God Bless you both!!!

--jun--

jinkee said...

Thanks, Jun.

Ka Uro said...

jinkee and henry, happy anniversary to you both. wow, 8 years na pala. tama yon what you said about including the kids in decisions. i also liked the "work in progress" thing you said, because sometimes we tend to forget that.

jinkee said...

Hi Ka Uro,
I believe that every couple should continuously work on their relationship para laging may spark. Kagaya mo, you still call Jean sweetheart. Tapos may kilig pa pagkinu-kwento mo yung days na mag-bf/gf pa kayo. haaay... how sweet.