Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Pinoyz2NZ 7th Meet

Another successful meet last Saturday. Many, many thanks to the organizers and speakers of the event especially to Beah, Jes, Atty. Cat, Armi, Lenny, Rhose and Reyjim. Also to Annycel for closing their resto to accommodate us.

A total of 86 kiwi-wannabees attended the gathering. Some of them are still on the researching stage while others are only a few days to their visa. I take my hat off to those who are already in the last leg of the application and yet they still go to the meet to answer inquiries of the new ones.

Beah made me seat next to people who are still deciding on whether to apply to NZ or not. I really don’t know the answer. I just gave them an idea of how the visa processing works and the fees being charged. It was only then that I realized that we spent more than Php210K for our application. This is on top of the Php32K we paid to our unscrupulous immigration consultant. Wow, that’s really a lot of money. I just look at it as an investment with a great ROI (I hope). Having laid the expenses and timetable on the table, I tell the newbies to also consider other destinations like Canada and Australia. NZ’s immigration procedure has become more expensive and lengthy than it used, maybe other countries’ policy is better. But of course they also have to consider the lifestyle and environment NZ has to offer.

Some of the topics discussed are: immigration consultants (is it necessary?), EOI, IELTS tips, WTR, Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), and of course my topic – Medicals. Though I know my subject matter very well, I am not really a confident speaker. Buti pinag-tyagaan nila ako.

There would be more gatherings like this in the future. The organizers and speakers will eventually pass the torch to others but the essence of the group will always be there. That is to help each and every one realize their kiwi-dream. Mabuhay ang bayanihan!

11 comments:

jinkee said...

Si Vince yung nasa gitna ng picture.

Flex J! said...

Jinkee hello!,

Daya mo di mo sinabi sa kin....huhuhuhu :(

jinkee said...

sorry po :-(

Every month naman merong meet, every 2nd Saturday. I'll let you know kung saan ang next venue.

Anonymous said...

hi jinkee..

cno po ba ung immigration consultant nyo dati? para naman maiwasan namin ng mga nagplaplanong pumunta dun

rich

jinkee said...

Rich,
The International Migration Consultant (TIMC) ang pangalan nung consultant namin. Noong una, sa Shaw Blvd ang office nila. Tapos lumipat sa V. Luna. Nung huli, sa isang beauty parlor sa Sauyo, Nova na lang.

Anonymous said...

HI All,

I'm new here and glad to know that you meet regularly. I'm also on my last leg of our application - waiting for my visa. It would be nice to join in your next meeting, hope that you can announce time and & venue in other blogs also kung pwede mag join iba. Thanks

sesame

jinkee said...

Hi sesame,
If you want to joing the group, pwede kang magpa-subscribe sa http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pinoyz2nz/. Meron din kaming forum version (kung ayaw mo ng emails) - http://jconserv.net/pinoyz2nz/index.php

Anonymous said...

Hi Jinkee,

Papano ba magpa subscribe? Hindi ko alam, hindi kasi ako IT or techie guy. Senya na. Thanks

sesame

jinkee said...

Hi sesame,
give me your email add then i'll send you an invite.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jinkee,

My email add is aquaman19622000@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.

sesame

Kiwipinay said...

ok yang grupo nyo ah? mukhang masisigasig talaga sa pagpunta sa nz. ako nun, mag-isa ko lang na nilakad lahat ng mga papeles ko pero may consultant ako nun. in 6 or so months, lumabas approval ng application ko. yun pala, may plano si Lord para sa akin kaya mabilis nyang napa-process papers ko. :)